Become a Doula
What do you require for certification?
- Successful completion of the 4 online learning modules (prerequisites)
- Attend a hands-on 8 hour workshop
How long does it take to become certified?
- Each module takes approximately 60 minutes = 4 hours online
- Hands-on workshop = 8 hours in person
- Approximately 12 hours from start to certification
Why is your program so different?
- Zero membership fees.
- Recognized as a postsecondary education option; providing career opportunities.
- Meets Midwifery School requirements for enrollment.
- No required birth attendance. We believe every birth is different and it is not fair to you to qualify your credentials based on something that cannot be measured equally.
- Our curriculum is accredited. It has been reviewed and continues to be reviewed by a council of professionals ensuring the learning objectives in our modules and workshops are scientifically true, accurate and represented in a way that best serves our client.
- The prerequisites prepare our students for the hands-on workshops. These (approximately) four hours per course of independent learning time cut back on the in-person training; leaving more time for hands-on activities. Our workshops do not include round-robin reading, or the readings of blogs or other non-factual material.
- Our students leave their workshop having earned their certification.
- Our online learning system is your manual. It is a living document and is scheduled for quarterly updates based on Maternal & Infant studies. Updates made will be included in every users account; making your manual the most up to date 'workbook' available to doulas.
What do i get?
- Online resources through our learning system; webinars, student-forums, videos, etc.
- Support via private Facebook group for certified doulas, daily encouragement and engagement via the Facebook group, Doula Fusion i.e.: Meme, Blog, YouTube, Twitter challenges.
- Access to leadership via Facebook, email & phone.
- Monthly newsletters.
- Birth Doula Package (4 modules + workshop) = $500
- Postpartum & Newborn Doula Package (4 modules + workshop) = $500
- Cross-Certify = $250